Fresh Figs Gruyere Crackers!



Happy New year everyone!

It's been awhile I know, sorry for not uploading. It has been quite dramatic and many things happened in the last half of 2013....................... Things are settling now eventually I'm glad.... :)

So, I decided to start with something pretty, simple and nice :)

Ta Ta! Here I present the beauty snack: FRESH FIGS GRUYERE crackers!


This is the end result! 




I've bought some fresh figs from Jason's, figs are not only delicious but it also has lots of benefits to offer, here is the link if you want to know more about it :) 







The kind I have this time is slightly light in color, unlike the ones we saw in City Super that is darker and sweeter. 

Lighter ones are even more suitable for making snacks and desserts as they are more versatile in terms of being a good ingredient to the combination






We need some plain crackers, I used the ones that I got from M&S. 






Step 1 - Sprinkle some garlic powder on to the crackers






Step 2 - Put a thin slice of Gruyere on the crackers, you can use any cheese you like, I personally prefer harder cheese, I find the saltiness of it brings out the sweetness of the figs and compliment the tartness of it






Put the fig quarters on top and put it in the oven 180c for 3 mins. 

The evaporation concentrates the sweetness in the figs and caramelize it, makes it more tender and juicer 







Drizzle some honey on top and  maybe prepare yourself a cup of hot mint tea! 







Bon Appetit!


Comments

Popular Posts